YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION
THE PEORIA AREA CIVIC CHORALE
Vocalists currently in grades 8-12 are invited to participate in auditions for the Civic Chorale’s annual Young Artist Competition. Auditions will take place on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at Woodland Baptist Church (6915 N. Allen Road, Peoria) from 9:00-11:30 am.
The winner of this competition will have the privilege of performing as a soloist at one of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale’s An American Family Christmas concerts at the Caterpillar Performing Arts Center at Five Points Washington on December 13th or 14th or at the Peoria Riverfront Museum on the 15th. In addition, the winners will also receive a plaque and a $300 scholarship to be used for music study (voice lessons, music camp, college courses, etc).
- Application deadline is Friday, October 11, 2019
- Musical selections should be classical or musical theater and are subject to approval by the PACC music director. Selections should demonstrate adequate difficulty and showcase the vocal abilities of each singer.
- All audition pieces should be memorized.
- At the time of the audition, each participant should give a copy of their music to the judges.
- Each student needs to have his/her own accompanist at the audition.
- Students may not win this competition in consecutive years.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com or our office at 309.693.6725.
- You will be contacted via e-mail to schedule an audition time.
- If you have an unavoidable conflict on October 19, an alternate audition date has been set up for Wednesday, October 16 at First United Methodist Church (116 NE Perry Ave, Peoria) from 6:30-7:30 pm.
Please submit the YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION APPLICATION to:
Peoria Area Civic Chorale Young Artist Competition
809 W Detweiller Dr. #821
Peoria, IL 61615-2198