YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION
THE PEORIA AREA CIVIC CHORALE
Congratulations to our 2022 Young Artists!
Junior at Richwoods High School
Performing Vedrai Carino by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Friday, December 16
Senior at Washington High School
Performing Come Raggio di Sol by Antonio Caldara
Saturday, December 17
Senior at Canton High School
Performing To Keep My Love Alive from A Connecticut Yankee by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart
Sunday, December 18
Vocalists in grades 8-12 are invited to participate in auditions for the Civic Chorale’s annual Young Artist Competition. Auditions will take place on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at the First Christian Church (6400 N. University St., Peoria) beginning at 9:30 a.m. Students unable to participate on
Saturday morning may petition to audition at the same location on Wednesday
evening, October 12th, 2022.
Winners of this competition will have the privilege of performing as a soloist at one of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale’s An American Family Christmas concerts at the Caterpillar Performing Arts Center at Five Points Washington on December 16th or 17th at 7:30 p.m. or 18th at 2:30 p.m. In addition, the winners will also receive a plaque and a $350 scholarship to be used for music study (voice lessons, music camp, college courses, etc). For more information, contact Ms. Morgan Dietkus, Peoria Area
Civic Chorale Festival Choir Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline is Friday, October 7, 2022
- Musical selections should be classical or musical theater and are subject to approval by the PACC music director. Selections should demonstrate adequate difficulty and showcase the vocal abilities of each vocalist.
- Audition selections are subject to approval of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale’s
Artistic Director. Should a selection not be approved for audition, the candidate
will be notified and be given an opportunity to select another song.
- Applicants should contact the Peoria Area Civic Chorale Business Office well in
advance of the application deadline should they have any doubts concerning
- All audition pieces should be memorized.
- At the time of the audition, each participant MUST provide each of the three judges with a copy of their music.
- Each student needs to have his/her own accompanist at the audition. A piano
accompanist WILL NOT be provided by the Civic Chorale organization.
- Students may not win this competition in consecutive years.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com (attn: Young Artist Competition) or our at 309.693.6725.
- You will be contacted via e-mail or phone to schedule an audition time.
Please fill out the Young Artist Competition Form in order to apply.