Come join the voices of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale!
Our auditioned chorale is 70 singers strong with room to grow. If you love to sing and have some choral experience, a good sense of pitch, and read music… then consider singing with the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Singers come from all walks of life, united by their passion for choral music excellence and their devotion to community cultural service. Participation in the Chorale allows vocal musicians to give back to their community while improving their musicianship.
The financial commitment for participating in the Chorale for a new member includes a tax-deductible $50 assessment per semester and the purchase of a dress or tuxedo which would be less than $100.
Any singer who desires to join the Chorale must audition with our Artistic Director and Conductor Dr. Joseph Henry. Formal audition dates are scheduled bi-annually (i.e., August and January) but potential singers are welcome to send electronic audition files at any time of the year.
All singers with choral and vocal training are invited to audition. Adults, college students, and high school students, with at least junior standing, are eligible for consideration. Details are found below.
Contact the Peoria Area Civic Chorale Office at any time during the year for more information (398-693-6725 or email email@example.com.
FORMAL AUDITION EVENING DATES FOR 2021
- January 12, 2021 for our Spring Concert May 7 & 8
- August 17, 2021 for An American Family Christmas Dec. 17-19
STEP ONE: SUBMIT YOUR INQUIRY TO AUDITION
- To secure a scheduled audition appointment, contact the Peoria Area Civic Chorale at 309.693.6725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide (a) contact information and (b) a brief description of your vocal music experience.
STEP TWO: SCHEDULING YOUR AUDITION TIME
- Following your inquiry, the Peoria Area Civic Chorale will call to schedule an audition time.
- As an email attachment, you will also receive an audition form to complete and bring to your audition.
- All interested candidates are required to be available for a 10-15 minute audition.
STEP THREE: PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION
- You will be asked to at least sing 16 bars of a prepared piece (e.g., art-song, aria, or any non-classical selection e.g., hymn or song from a musical.)
- A piano accompanist will be provided by the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Please bring a piano copy of your music.
- You may be asked to sing either scales or arpeggios to demonstrate vocal range.
- You may be asked to demonstrate tonal memory (i.e., sing back a series of pitches played on the piano)
ALTERNATIVE AUDITION ARRANGEMENTS
Interested singers who are unable to attend the formal audition dates, or who are thinking about auditioning for a season sometime in the future, are welcomed and encouraged to submit digital materials to the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Information about submitting digital inquiries and materials are listed directly below.
SUBMITTING A DIGITAL AUDITION
Send the following materials to email@example.com. Submission of these materials is an indication of your interest but not a guarantee of an audition.
- Current resume and a Peoria Area Civic Chorale Audition Application (to download an audition application, please click here).
- CD or zipped mp3 audio files containing (a) performance of one prepared piece and the singing of scales and arpeggios demonstrating your vocal range.
For more information about the Peoria Area Civic Chorale, contact the artistic director and conductor, Dr. Joseph D. Henry, at 309-635-2653 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The audition process is given in the positive spirit of the Civic Chorale. So, please enter the audition with eagerness and confidence, and sing to your fullest potential. We wish you the very best!
SINGER READMISSION POLICY
Any Peoria Area Civic Chorale singer who has missed a concert season but desires a return to active singing membership, will be required to re-apply for active membership with the Artistic Direct and Conductor via email communication at least one month prior to the start of the concert season in which s/he wishes to return. Re-applications will be handled on a case-by-case manner and determined primarily by the current musical needs of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Singers who wish to resume active membership will not be required to re-audition.