Come join the voices of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale!
In addition, throughout its history, the PACC has consistently been a strong advocate for collaborative efforts with many other Central Illinois performance organizations including the Peoria Symphony Orchestra, the Central Illinois Jazz Orchestra, the Heartland Festival Orchestra, Opera Illinois, the Peoria Ballet, the Air National Guard Band of the Midwest, and most recently, WTVP-Peoria.
When you are prepared for an audition, please complete the on-line application found here. Once we have reviewed the application, the PACC Executive Director will contact you to discuss audition procedures (i.e. proceed with a virtual or in-person audition).
- Current resume and a Peoria Area Civic Chorale Audition Application (to download an audition application found here.
- In addition, submit two recordings (YouTube links, mp3s, etc.) you feel best represents your current level of musicianship.
IN-PERSON AUDITION VENUE
In-person auditions on August 17, 2021 will be conducted in the Sanctuary of First Christian Church on 6400 North University, Peoria, IL.
- Vocal Range, Agility, and Tonal Memory: You may be asked to demonstrate breath control, vocal volume and range, and tonal memory.
- Music Reading: Generally, each candidate will be given two, brief music reading excerpts (i.e., one a rhythmic excerpt only, and the other both rhythmic and melodic.) These excerpts will test your sense of pitch, rhythm, and ability to self-correct. Keep in mind that very few singers regard music reading (especially reading music at first sight) as their strength!
- Duration of the Audition: It’s advised that you arrive 5-10 minutes before your audition in order to compose yourself or briefly vocalize before entering the actual audition. There will be a designated warm-up area and a waiting area. Auditions can over-run so be prepared for your audition to be slightly delayed. Auditions typically last between 15-20 minutes.
Who attends the “In-Person” Audition?
When are the Audition Results Available?
If I am not offered singing membership following my audition, may I re-audition at a later date?
What are the typical expenses for singing membership?
When and where are the ensemble’s rehearsals?
What is PACC Week?
- Monday: Last rehearsal at regular location to solidify music memorization.
- Tuesday: Tech night (lights & sound) and the ensemble’s first night in performance venue.
- Wednesday: 2nd TECH night in the performance venue
- Thursday: Dress rehearsal (full concert dress required for pictures and full performance)
- Friday-Sunday: Friday night opening with three evening performances in December and two evening performances in the Spring.
The Peoria Area Civic Chorale does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.
SINGER READMISSION POLICY
Any Peoria Area Civic Chorale singer who has missed a concert season but desires a return to active singing membership, will be required to re-apply for active membership with the Artistic Direct and Conductor via email communication at least one month prior to the start of the concert season in which s/he wishes to return. Re-applications will be handled on a case-by-case manner and determined primarily by the current musical needs of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Singers who wish to resume active membership will not be required to re-audition.