Come join the voices of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale!
Our auditioned chorale is 70 singers strong with room to grow. If you love to sing and have some choral experience, a good sense of pitch, and read music… then consider singing with the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Singers come from all walks of life, united by their passion for choral music excellence and their devotion to community cultural service. Participation in the Chorale allows vocal musicians to give back to their community while improving their musicianship.
The financial commitment for participating in the Chorale for a new member includes a tax-deductible $50 assessment per semester and the purchase of a dress or tuxedo which would be less than $100.
Any singer who desires to join the Chorale must audition with our Artistic Director and Conductor Dr. Joseph Henry. Auditions are traditionally held twice per year in advance of each new concert. Please see below for current audition dates.
We are always looking for new singers to join our group! Individual appointments can be scheduled at other times during the season, at the convenience of the director and depending on the Chorale’s rehearsal workload. Interested singers are encouraged to call or email the Chorale for more information or to schedule an appointment. See our PACC Recruitment Brochure for additional information.
SCHEDULED AUDITION DATES FOR 2019-20:
Formal auditions for our An American Family Christmas concert, which will be performed December 13-15, will be held on Tuesday, August 13 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church at 3601 N. North Street, Peoria, IL (off War Memorial). Auditions for the spring 2020 concert, which will be performed May 8 & 9, will be held Tuesday, January 14 also at St. Paul’s.
Singers with choral and vocal training are invited to audition. Adults, college students, and high school students with at least junior standing are eligible for consideration. Details for the auditions are as follows:
STEP ONE: SUBMIT YOUR INQUIRY TO AUDITION
- To get a scheduled audition appointment, contact the Peoria Area Civic Chorale (ASAP) at 309.693.6725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide (a) contact information and (b) a brief description of your vocal music experience.
STEP TWO: SCHEDULING YOUR AUDITION TIME
- Following your inquiry, the Peoria Area Civic Chorale will contact you to schedule your audition time and send you an audition application to complete and bring to your audition.
- All interested candidates are required to be available for a 10-15 minute audition at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church on 3601 N. North Street, Peoria.
STEP THREE: PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION
- Sing 16 bars of a prepared piece (e.g., art-song, aria, or a non-classical selection) and please bring two additional copies of your music.
- Sing scales and arpeggios demonstrating vocal range
- Tonal Memory: i.e., singing back a series of pitches after they are played for you on the piano)
Interested singers who are unable to attend the formal audition dates, or who are thinking about auditioning for a season sometime in the future, are welcomed and encouraged to submit digital materials to the Peoria Area Civic Chorale. Information about submitting digital inquiries and materials are listed directly below.
SUBMITTING A DIGITAL AUDITION: If submitting a Digital Audition, please send the following materials to email@example.com. Submission of these materials is an indication of your interest but not a guarantee of an audition. If you are selected for an audition, you will be contacted by the Peoria Area Civic Chorale.
- Current resume and audition application (found on-line at peoriacivicchorale.org)
- CD or zipped mp3 audio files containing (a) performance of one prepared piece and the singing of scales and arpeggios demonstrating your vocal range.
2019 Fall Rehearsal/Concert Season Schedule
- Tuesday night rehearsals from 7:00-9:00 PM and will run August 20th to December 3rd.
- Nightly PACC WEEK REHEARSALS: Monday, December 9th through Thursday December 12th with 7:30 PM performances on Friday/Saturday evening @ Washington 5-Points and Sunday, December 15th @ 5:30 PM at the Peoria Riverfront Museum.
For additional information: For more information about the Peoria Area Civic Chorale, contact the artistic director/conductor, Dr. Joseph D. Henry, at 309-635-2653 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download an Audition form to bring to the auditions, click here.
The audition process is given in the positive spirit of the Civic Chorale. So, please enter the audition with eagerness and confidence, and sing to your fullest potential. We wish you the very best!